Pumpkin flavored everything season has arrived! I’m not really a pumpkin spice latte girl myself. I wait all year for Caramel Apple Cider to hit the Starbucks menu! These waffles are the best of both fall favorites! They aren’t just pumpkin flavored they are made of pumpkin. The best part… Absolutely no sugar added!
Step 1. Gather all of your ingredients! I recommend sugar free spiced apple cider, organic pumpkin puree and sugar free pure maple syrup. You do you though!
- 6 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 Cups Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Step 2. Brown your butter over medium heat until it smells toasted. Stir often! Don’t leave it unattended!
Step 3. Add the wet ingredients to the butter! Pumpkin, Apple Cider and Eggs, Maple Syrup and Vanilla.
Step 4. Add the dry ingredients! Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Salt and stir until just combined. The batter will be lumpy and that’s ok. I have an assistant for this part!
Step 5. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
Step 6. Add a decent amount of batter to your preheated waffle iron. Mine needed about 1 cup of batter to make the prefect size waffle.
These waffles are hearty, healthy and delicious! You can’t get more fall than this breakfast! My daughter ate two of these waffles!
What is your favorite Fall breakfast? Did these waffles replace that favorite?
Pumpkin Apple Cider Waffles
An amazing guilt free, Autumn inspired breakfast!
Ingredients*6 tbsp. salted butter *1 cup organic pumpkin puree *1 1/2 cups spiced apple cider *2 large eggs *2 tbsp. pure maple syrup *2 tsp. vanilla extract *2 cups all purpose flour *1 tbsp. baking powder *1/2 tsp. baking soda *1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon *1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg *1/2 tsp. salt
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring often. Allow the butter to brown until it smells toasted. It should take about 3 minutes,
- Remove the butter from the heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, cider, eggs, syrup and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and gently stir until just combined. It’s ok if the batter had lumps.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your waffle iron and cook according to your appliance directions.
- Top as desired and enjoy!